Have you guys seen the Z4 Coupe concept that BMW showed in Frankfurt? I think that when the M Coupe is launched it'll give the Cayman (even the CS model) a serious run for it's money.

I spoke with a BMW official in Munich about a month ago, he confirmed that the next M-product to be released is the Z4 M Roadster. So it's a no-brainer that there will be an M Coupe too. And it's also a safe bet that it will have more power than the Cayman CS. According to speculation BMW will use either the current M3 engine or a small V8, so we are talking at least 340-350 hp.
And it will probably be very competitively priced. A Z4 3.0 Roadster is more than $3 000 less than a plain Boxster. And back in the day of the Z3, the Coupe cost slightly less than the Roadster (at least here in Sweden); hopefully that will be the case when the Z4 Coupe is officially launched, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Another thing indicating that BMW will be pushing for the Z4 Coupe as a serious driver's car is the tyres that the concept car was sitting on. If you look closely you can see that they are Michelin Pilot Sport Cup - probably the best streetlegal tyre available (except in the wet), and the same tyres that came with the M3 CSL.

So my conclusion is that the Z4 M Coupe has the potential to be one hell of a car -engine, price and tyres.

What do you guys think?