CGX car nut:

Don’t despair.  You soon may have the Yangwang U8 in your market. https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/yangwang/u8

This is the best example of an EV product which is basically a fascinating and do-it-all car and everyone should want to get one but in reality, they get boring very very fast. Like a quartz watch which looks great and works perfectly but people are still attracted more (and for a longer period of time) with certain automatic watches, even if they can tell the time only Smiley or can fail mechanically.

I won't forget my first ride in the Taycan Turbo S. The first hour, I enjoyed this car tremendously. Then, it got boring fast. Very fast. I would probably own one as a daily driver, maybe, if I had many many other cars but otherwise, NO THANKS. Nothing to do with the Taycan, I would not get ANY EV right now. Period. I am not an anti-EV fanatic but they are just boring. Can't help it. 

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)