Quote:
LowPolarMoment said:
Stradale said:All that won't stop a likely car jacking. No thanks. Not for my family in the NY area anyway. Very well known bad reputation of being way too homey. Besides you can buy an Expedition getting the same truck (just without the Chrome) for less money and without the gangsta rap.

Not really! I had an Eddie Bauer Expedition and then two Navigators. They're as different as night and day. Only a person who hasn't owned them both would think they're similar. I'm personally not concerned about driving a car that a "homey" likes. Quite frankly, I don't think I've ever heard anyone voice that concern but it speaks volumes.

"They're as different as night and day. Only a person who hasn't owned them both would think they're similar."

Really ? You didn't know that the Navigator is a dressed up Expedition ? The roof panel and all glass are interchangeable. Didn't notice the panels have all the same shape ?

From "Consumer Guide":
Lincoln's SUV differed from the Expedition with unique front and rear styling, extra sound deadening, softer suspension tuning, plus standard leather upholstery and walnut trim. Lincoln also offered front and rear bucket seats with a center console. Even more noticeable than the luxury appointments was the extroverted exterior trim that was ladled onto what was essentially an Expedition underneath.

&
A new engine and transmission highlight 2005 updates to Lincoln's Ford Expedition spinoff. Navigator comes in Luxury and Ultimate models.

From "Test Drive"
Assembly plants are working full steam to meet the demand for the the Expedition, and its luxurious near-twin, the Lincoln Navigator.

"essentially an Expedition underneath"
"Ford Expedition spinoff. Navigator"
"Expedition, and its luxurious near-twin, the Lincoln Navigator"