Quote:
MMD said:
Quote:
sparetireless said:
Fixing the rim is nuts, your life depends on it, you can also get used syringes and 2nd hand parachutes, if money is tight, skip two oil changes and buy yourself a rim.

No,getting the wheel repaired is not a problem it's fine if it works for you. Those repair guys are very specialized and they know what they are doing.

Keep in mind we have cars that don't even get to 100mph on a sustained routine basis.

A new wheel would be a better idea if we lived alongside the autobahn and had a girlfriend 50 miles south and a job 50 miles north.

I had a wheel fixed once. It was from my 2002 Viper. I scraped a curb while parking. The very edge of the wheel had a 1 inch grind mark, it wasn't dented or cracked at all. The wheel came out perfect, no way you could tell it ever happened.

Wheel fixes are okay for minor wheel lip scraps. With the type of damage in that picture there's no way in hell I'd consider fixing that wheel. With a big crack in it ? Sorry dude but that's just plum crazy.

besides - I doubt you would even find anybody willing to do the repair on a wheel with that type of damage.