Quote:
SoCal Alan said:
I'll really stick out like a sore thumb.

I realized this phenomena when I drove my 997S from Newport to Westlake Village, CA during a weekday morning do get my PSE and sport shift retrofit done. I took the 405 to the 101. I don't think I encountered ONE car that was more expensive than mine.

It's obvious that people mainly drive their fancy, expensive (Porsche/Mercedes/Ferrari) cars on the weekend over here. That's when driving a new Porsche allows you to blend in.

Yeah, the cars are generally decrepit around most SF fwys as well....
My theory is that most high-end cars don't hit many fwys....tend to use surface streets on LA's Westside/Malibu/NwptBch, etc....and tend to use "select" fwys like San Joaquin Hills Tollway/280 on SF Penin/Merritt in CT when they do need to do fwy time....

NYC's only saving grace is many of those w/ancient cars like those in LA and SF don't own a car and are on subways/buses....but the funniest sights are in midtown Manhattan where one often sees "working-class" guys (i.e., no blk S-Class and driver following them around Manhattan) getting into a gruesome cab which is typically worth less than the guy's suit or watch.....