Hi RC,

Perhaps the factory likes to be solicitous of customers, but with PCNA running interference for them, I don't see it over here in the USA.

I considered going to the Leipzig ride-and-drive, but chose not to when they couldn't confirm that I could see Fayence yellow in person, nor try out my body in a wide-option seat (I'm 1,93m and 95kg).

I went to the Geneva introduction, and was quite impressed that Roland Kussmaul cheerfully took a great deal of his time to answer many of my personal (ranging from dumb to technically sophisticated) questions. The main reason I went to the Geneva event was to confirm that I would be able to drive the car comfortably, considering my size, with the top attached. I was able to sit in the car and check clearances to the top of my head satisfactorily. I may yet specify the 10mm thinner seat padding.

The dealer just recently received a large color swatch of Fayence yellow, so that part is now solved (I don't like it, though the quite different, small brochure sample was nice).

However, PCNA has no information, nor suggestions, about how I might be able to test fit the wide seat (option 386, 387) before it's too late for the build date. This situation creates much anxiety. One would think that customer satisfaction with the ordering process of a $440.000 transaction would occupy the minds of someone at PCNA, but I digress. Futher, why must a customer guess at what the effect of options will be?

I'm quite willing to travel to Zuffenhausen or Leipzig to sample the options in place, but there is no suggestion of how it might work out.

I don't think they try hard enough at all.