Quote:
PS CA said:
Quote:
alin330 said:
PS CA, Actually with the right installer they will be able to wrap the entire hood or entire car if you like.

I heard that some installers use bulk rolls and cut while on the car, but everyone I talked with and the installer I used seemed to prefer to use the pre-cut kits. I am not aware of any kits that cover the entire hood. It is nice to know this option is available. I wonder if it would look better to cover the entire hood that have a seam across it??

Thanks for the info about this option.

Phil

The guy I use buys rolls and cuts to spec. He can do the full hood. One guy I saw with a Challenge Stradale did the full hood AND the entire windshield. With the kits sometimes there isn't enough material to tuck the edges into and around the body panels like they want to. And they also need material to do the bottom 1/3 of the car on the doors and rocker panels like I had done on my Stradale. (which I don't think comes w/ a kit)

Having the entire hood done to eliminate the line is an interesting idea. I know it's weird but I actually like the way the line looks so I never thought of that approach.

Thanks for those pics with the 430 etc. The installer I use puts the cars on a lift when installing the 3M on the front bumper. I had a piece installed under the front bumper in case of a bottom out. When I see guys doing it like that I think of how much work it is. Especially when you get to the part of having to do the bottom of the bumper. It's funny really he puts the car up on a lift and shines floresent lights on the car like he's a surgeon performing an operation.