Quote:
Hi,

I'm ok if Pursch releases a B I G Diesel - much more than the
release of the lill V6. But a Cay RS Lightweight Street Only would be a much nicer model :-)) The real BAD thing in this Diesel discussion is that Pursch will go for the VW Engine - a own Diesel Engine would be much better. And don`t forget - Pursch first vehicles been Diesel Tractors! So its absolutely correct to talk from a Pursch Diesel.

I don`t agree that the Cay is not sporty - it`s not sporty comparing him to the 911`s - but it`s very sporty if you compare him to the as "sportscars" announced cars from Benz & Co. The prices are also very fair if you compare them honestly to his competitors.

Oh Boy I'm happy with my S and would buy him allways again.
My Pursch Dealer sold 80 units in the first 6 months - cuz people hate him sooo much :-)

Cheers
Cay

Well, a big power Diesel makes sense in the Cayenne, a V6 not. But I can see that Porsche probably wants to push sales of the Cayenne to compensate with the lower sports car sales. A low priced V6 could do that but there is the danger of risking Cayenne S and especially Cayenne Turbo sales.
Regarding a Cayenne lightweight: no chance.
Regarding a Cayenne RS: there is a strong rumor of a 500+ HP Cayenne for the next 12 months but I can't say if this will be the rumored "powerkit" or a completely new Cayenne model.
Right now, Porsche tests Cayenne with more than 600 HP under the hood, so power is no real issue. Tires shouldn't be an issue anymore too, Pirelli and Michelin offer high speed tires up to at least 300 kph for cars with more than 2.4 tons of weight (even up to more than 2.8 tons as far as I heard).
Regarding AMG Mercedes (I suppose this is what you mean):
the Cayenne Turbo stands no chance against my E55, not even close to it. So I'm not sure what you're talking about but maybe you can explain. BTW: I don't consider my E55 a sports car.