Carlos from Spain:
John H:

I'm over 70, but won't be changing my choice of transportation anytime soon!

I re-took and passed the IAM driving test a couple of years ago and will do so again regularly to ensure that I'm still capable of handling a 911. 

One is only as old as one feels!  I'm hoping that I'll still be driving fast cars when I get my OBE - (Over Bloody Eighty) - kiss 

That is awesome John, that is exactly my midnset  too and hope to achieve that as well Smiley

Smiley 

I still think that we need more sportscars with backseats (Porsche clearly lacks a four seater GT) but one reason many people do not buy sports cars anymore is actually mentality...I think. Look around you, when I was young, basically everyone at my age (incl. many women) were driving sporty little cars which provided a lot of fun.

Does someone remember the VW Golf GTi, BMW 323i, Opel Kadett GTE/GSi and Fiat Uno Turbo (or Ritmo Abarth) era in Europe?

Nowadays, when you look at young(er) people, they are driving some sort of small city car or a station wagon or whatever, so... Smiley Also, when you look around, you see that young women are driving and young men are co-passengers. Sometimes because these young women want to drive, sometimes because those young men don't care about driving anymore or they drink.

Sports cars are also often considered to be a useless luxury and bad for the environment. People have changed their mentality and nowadays it is more important to have the latest smartphone or gadget than a "cool" car. Cool cars are also more expensive nowadays, so it is easier to impress friends with a cool gadget (or YouTube channel Smiley) than an "expensive" car.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)