Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
Nico997 said:

In comparison, a month ago I went to the Ferrari dealership here in Geneva as I am interested in the F430 too. I had to ask the sales(wo)man to have a few minutes of her (apparently very precious) time. Even if the waiting list is only 9 month long here, I could only get an old photocopy of a not so detailed price list as the only reply to my questions. Very far from stimulating me to buy a car from them !

Can you imagine the waste and cost to Ferrari if they had nice brochures available for everybody that walked in the door. I bet people would stop in just for brochures because their friend got a brochure and so on. Ferrari Brochures are colllectibles and Dealerships run a BUSINESS. Their product is sold out. They don't need to give out brochures to sell the product . If it was Chevy or Ford most of the time you can walk away with lots of colorful brochures.

Frankly I didn't get a brochure when I walked into my dealership at first either. But once I had my deposit down and I was waiting for delivery my salesman gave me an unbelievable color brochure on the Challenge Stradale as a gift. The brochure sells on the net for $79
http://www.ferraristuff.com/index.html?target=p_1019.html&lang=en-us
You can even find one used on ebay for $20 or so.

Imagine trying to sell a Chevy brochure on the net ? It's simple. There's not a lot of them around but people want them so they are given out carefully. Just like Ferrari's.

Let's not forget - it wasn't that long ago that Ferrari's product line up consisted of the 348, Mondial convertible and Testarossa - cars that weren't very compelling in their day and don't reflect the 'investment value' that so many Ferraristi cherish about the 360 & 430. Rewarding loyal customers is a fine strategy but as we all know, customers DO get older and then what? Don't you need new customers to keep your company alive? Just refer to Cadillac as one example of a company that followed its customers as they got older and look what it did to their product line. Even though I would never buy a Ferrari because I don't like the attention they get and don't want to worry every time I'd park it, the biggest reason I'd never be tempted to buy one is the poor dealer experience. I'll save Nick the trouble of responding - "Good for you Jeff. Porsche builds plenty of cars for you to buy." He's right and my world is better for it.