Guys, for the hard core fans that we are, the worst has been done anyway, a Porsche SUV.
So they might as well release a diesel engine for it now,especially if it's gonna be a 350 hp V10
I agree with Zzoba, as long as it puches sales and ultimately profit, I'm happy.
I want my favorite car company to stay independant!
Plus a diesel engine is what an SUV needs logically, for Off road, etc.
Diesel engines are by conception much more torquey than petrol engines and the max torque comes at much lower revs.
No one wants to push a Cayenne Turbo to 7000 rpm anyway
And also, the Cayenne S and Turbo may be good for the american market, but diesel costs 2/3 of petrol in Europe and the engines are more frugal, 75% of cars in France are diesel today!
And I used to be anti diesel but it's there, there's nothing you can do about it, and to tell you the truth when you see cars like the M400CDI, the 330D or the Touareg V10TDI, you take away the fact they sounds like tractors and they're pretty brilliant cars.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of diesel at all, a sport car by definition is a petrol car but the Cayenne is no sport car. Fact.
I say bring on the Cayenne V10D Porsche, make some profit, and invest it in those magnificent sport cars that you're so good at making.
The only thing is, I wonder how Wiedeking is going to look when announcing a diesel (if there will be one) he said himself there will be never be one!
Well, never say never!
Fanch.