Quote:
MMD said:
Wow! Some of you guys are extremely disciplined and well trained, not to be bothered by what other people think.

In cultural anthropology you quickly learn that every gesture sends a message.

So when you see a plain Jane 3 series BMW with an M3 badge on it, what do you think? When you see a guy re-filling a JW Black Label bottle with J&B what do you think?

When you go to a Porsche club auto show, you see a de-badged Carrera do you look for the red calipers? What goes thru your mind when you "happen to notice" they are black, anything?

When a hot MBcar goes by, do you look for the AMG label? Are you frustrated slightly when there's no designation on such a hot MBcar?

When you get close enough to a hot babe; your age and your type, are you looking for a wedding ring?

So, my conclusion is, unless your answers are consistent with those of a Zen Master, or blind priest, you're all effected by labels, or the lack of labels.

On another board somebody took the badge off their Boxster S and drove it around, soon thereafter he overheard somebody say about his bare-assed car, "Oh, that's the cheap one" he went home and immediately put the Boxster S badge back on.

Crazy world, we're all in this together. I'm sure the Australian Aborigines have their version of the same problems.

I'm holding up my right hand with my middle finger extended. What message do you see?