RC:
noone1:

The Huracan isn't even that much lighter than the 918. 

According to Wikipedia, the Huracan LP610-4 is 1422 kg. With the rumored 40 kg less, the Performante would be 1382 kg.

According to Wikipedia, the 918 weights 1642 kg.

So the weight difference between a Huracan Performante and 918 would be a whopping 260 kg.

What did you say? The Huracan isn't much lighter? Even the standard version is 220 kg lighter than the 918.

Even if we use real world weight numbers (AMS weights their test cars), there is still a difference of at least 150 kg.

So... Smiley

I usually wait for the mags to get the actual weight of the car since wiki quotes the dry weight.  C&D puts the weight at 3423 or 1552kg.  So 88lbs or 40kg from the 610version is 3335lbs or 1512kg.  It seems like lambo I taking the Porsche approach to making their cars faster: better chassis engineering and tech, versus making it lighter and relying on tires.  Regardless of how it feels to drive and its weight difference, it puts down numbers very close to the trofeo LT, despite being on corsa.  The 488 seems to be the same way: relying more on chassis and mechanical grip versus tires (provided everything is legit).  I wonder how much of the LT is in its tires, what would it be on corsas, too.  If you put a 650s on trofeos, what would it's time be? I know most complain about "cheater tires", but what are cheater tires.  Are they standard or option,  do trofeos or the cup 2 count as cheaterSmiley.  Regardless of how most feel when driving it, the times show that an 800lb or 400kg car is able to keep with a car that weights much less and is on inferior tires, is a testament to whatever lambo has done to its chassis or whatever.  If you want take C&Ds instrument test acceleration, then the SV and LT are pretty much even, despite the lead it puts on early, it seems the SV catches back up(must be all that aero).  Either way, if these rumors turn out to be true, then it means lambo is on to something good.

PS. I'll post more later.