Quote:
Al Pettee said:
Quote:
Fred 993C4S said:
Quote:
BC997J said:
I really think it would be nicer if it looks more different than the 996T.... Porsche should do a "mini CGT" like ferrari done with the F430...just my 2cents..

This "sounds" like a good idea but than they would need to call it something other than Carera Turbo. AS it is it must look like the Carrera. What do you all think?

I don't believe they ever officially call it the "Carrera Turbo" (it's "Turbo" or "Turbo S" on the car's tail), but I agree a major cosmetic change could stir additional interest. I wonder too (I think we bandied this idea before on the forum) if they might ever consider a V8 or V10 Turbo with a mid-engine layout powerplant, but that would be more extreme than going from air-cooled to water-cooled ala 993 to 996. They probably would end 911 production before they did that, but couldn't they continue traditional 911 production and make the mid-engine (perhaps just in front of the rear axle, not in front of the driver) 8- or 10-cylinder turbo or NA set-up a separate "option" or model variant (with your CGT nose exterior)?

I see your point. I guess my view was that the Turbo is a 911 turbo and the 911 has a traditional shape; Ferrari on the other hand has evolutions as well but they call them different models and thus have more freedom to make more radical changes, just look at all the controversy when the 996 came out and the real effect it had on resale value of 996 as compared to 993s.