Quote:
Grant said:One of the upgrades mentioned is the use of variable vane turbo chargers (where the impeller pitch is adjustable inside the turbo). This should really reduce turbo lag even further. The AWD system is due to be vastly improved as well as the DSG tranny system (I'd still get a manual, but it's much better than Tip).

Grant,

Do you know much about the variable vane turbo and adjustable impeller pitch concepts? Is it possible to rig a car with a control button for the driver to electronically adjust impeller pitch, say, for low-end torque for stoplight drag racing, and broader torque profiles for sustained, higher speed driving? And perhaps another electronic control button to direct the amount of front- and rear-axle power output for the AWD, rather than a computer-controlled version as in the case of the 996T AWD? I think Subaru does the same with their AWD. It could be called "PTIM" (Porsche Turbo Impeller Management) and "PDM" (Porsche Drivetrain Management), or maybe just "PDQ" (in this case Porsche Damn Quick ). It would of course add more buttons to the dashboard, but that would be OK by me. Just get rid of the cruise control garbage from the extra stalk on the steering column.

Even with only a modest HP gain on the 997T vs. the 996T, such technical innovations could make for a cool car.