A few weeks ago, it was a very hot day and P-car on board temp reader was saying 111F. I had a problem with the shift getting into reverse at a mall after driving for more than 2 hours. I wasn't panicking. Thanks for those posted shifter linkage problem earlier, I knew what was happening to my car. I checked that my car can still move forward so that was good. Now it was an embarrassing part that I had to find someone to push my car back so that I can get out of the packing lot and drive away. I end up getting help from a mall security to push my shinny P-car in front of audience wondering what we were doing. I happens to had a spot right in front of shops where all the people walking by. Any way, I sweat a lot from the heat and embarrassment but could get out of the place. Since I was far from where I bought my car, I had to wait for two days to fix it. All they had to do was "adjusting linkage".... It was minor fix for them but was big problem for me not being able to park in a lot, had to be kept on a curb so that I can drive forward next time.

Good thing was, after the adjustment, my shifter works even better than before. It become more crisp and fun to change gears. I'm very happy about this. You may want to do preventive fix before driving it too far in hot weather...lol.

I had another problem that chrono watch went totally nuts. It moved forward and back by itself like crazy when I hit rest. It happened all day that day but did not happen at my dealer when I brought in. I think it was the heat. Even service manager told me that P-car acts strange in hot weather... I was like.. my 997 is not your 30 year old 914...

These are not serious so not concerned about it, but.. (I was thinking driving my car from California to Utah to see beautiful canyons) it may become a big adventure on a long road.