Quote:
No doubt in my mind that they'll introduce the new 997 at the next year IAA (Franfurt Auto Show), around 13 to 14 months from now.

IAA is only every 2 years. so geneva in spring 2004 would be the best fair i suppose.

Quote:
They just can't stretch the 996 product line anymore.

but they are trying their best to strech it IMO: new 996 TT cab, 996 4S cab, 996 GT3 RS, rumoured speedster...

usualy complete new porsche models are introduced in spring or summer, so the above stated cars would only have an active life cycle of 8-9 months. ok, we're talking about turbo or turbo look cars here, they might be replaced some time later. but would you buy a 996TT when the 997 carrera is out and has a lot of improvements? i wouldn't.

georg kacher wrote in car magazine recently that the 997 will appear in mid-2005. IMO this is realistic.

and i think as well that a replacement for the boxster is way more needful, since boxster sales are dropping dramatically. and porsche could "test" new interior styles before introducing them to the hardcore 911 enthusiasts.

actually, i have no idea...

but there's no doubt that the 997 development is finished completely and it could hit the street any minute.