Fred, I was in the exact same situation. In October, I took delivery of a Saffron Yellow Elise with LSS and bought my 997S about a month ago. I thought of keeping the Elise and performing magic tricks in rearranging storage in my garage, but ultimately I decided just to soften the financial hit and sell the Elise. Though I had dreamed of owning a Lotus for most of my adolescence, I found the experience to be disappointing unless I was driving like a banshee. Though the steering and handling were awe-inspiring, I felt the engine sound was mundane, the pedal placement poor, and the brake spongy. Moreover, the quality was just not up to European or Japanese standards. It is a great car for about a thirty minute ride. In contrast, 997 aside, I can drive my Morgan Plus 8 -- which is like riding in an ox-cart -- for much longer periods of time. In comparison, the 997 is so precise and perfect in everything, from the shifter, to the brakes, to the steering, etc etc. You may love your Elise much more than I did, but in my experience the 997 is just as entertaining (at 1000lbs more!) yet very comfortable, and practical as well. As I know people who find the Elise exactly what they had always dreamed of, you owe it to yourself to keep it until the Porsche comes in and see for yourself. Either way, you've had the unique experience of owning it.