7:43 makes sense to me for the new Z06. It's impressive for a cheaper car, but more expected than impressive for the specs of the car (simply because the car has impressive specs). (to svtrader1: I understand your logic, but I don't think it's right to compare the C6 Z06 to the blue devil yet since I'm sure the Z06 is further along in development. How can you be sure that the 7:40 for the Blue Devil is accurate?)

The 7:59 seems the only curious number to me since it's so much lower than the Sport Auto Test number. It's also suspect because 8 minutes is a magic number at the ring and we'd all like our cars to be under it. However, it could be plausible by a combination of Grant's shock theory and also simply because the vette test driver is more used to the car. No one doubts Porsche's 7:56 Mk I GT3 number just because sport auto did slightly over 8 minutes with the car. 8 seconds for the driver and 8 seconds for the shocks is still a bit of a stretch, but there may be other things we aren't thinking about like different weather conditions.

I still think Chevy's test driver in a Z51 C6 with proper shocks would be beaten by Walter in a 997 S -20mm, just not by 16 seconds (maybe only 5).