Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
That sounds like great fun, Stradale!
But tell me, how can you win a concours in a brand new car? I thought the whole point of a concours was that the best KEPT/restored car wins??

That's why I said above - "I couldn't believe it". When I put my Stradale in the Armani/Long Island Ferrari Concours in September I did so just to be part of the event. The Classic cars took the awards. It makes sense though. How much work is it to keep a 2005 looking mint vs a 30 or so year old car. I detailed the 997 that morning but hadn't intended on showing the car. When we pulled into the vineyard at the end of the rally the person standing at the entrance asked if we were entering the concourse. I saw the lot where everyone else was parked was full. There were already cars parked in a dirt and grass field. I asked "where is it" and when he pointed to a paved lot with about 15 cars. I said "sure, why not". To enter the rally didn't cost anything extra and I was going to be there for the picnic anyway.

I was just done explaining to an older couple that we were sitting next to at the picnic that it's the older, best condition cars that have taken the most time to keep looking mint that win the concours when they annouced my name. 2nd and 3rd place cars were mint, gorgeous cars. 199(5)I think 968 and a 1980 something 911 cab.

I have tons of motorcycle show tropies for the Harley's I've built. This was the first time I won anything at a car show. One thing was interesting- I saw the judges spending A LOT of time looking at the 3M on my car. Don't know why.

Hehe..that is strange indeed.

The 3M?
You mean some kinda Scotchguard or a streamer or what?
Any pics of those Harleys?