Basically I think it comes down to this.

Lamborghini is pushing ferrari to be better, and there is no fault in that. So far as what I understand, that is why Lamborghini got started in the first place, because they thought ferrari wasnt good enough.

Even if ferrari doesnt have as much HP, it takes a certain type of person to want a lamborghini...everyone dreams of them because of how radical they are. I think lamborghinis personify "cool", while ferraris are beautiful and sexy. The classic red and tans, the sound, the heritage, it all has it going for it. When the gallardo comes out, ferrari will be running on the same fumes that porsche is with its boxsters and carreras (not enough HP to really be competitive, but they are still special enough to buy and say with pride that you own a porsche.)

Honestly, If you got 150 grand to throw around, I say get the "lesser" ferrari if you like the looks, or the sound, or the feel...Performance is great, but once you get up near 400hp, it starts to get very subjective. No matter if you go for a 360 or a Gallardo, its still gonna be a good choice and everyone will be filled with envy.

All I say is, god bless BMW and Mercedes and Maserati for keeping Porsche on their toes, and Lamborghini for showing Ferrari what the public wants.

-M