I dunno who won your election, and as far as I know neither do you.
You may be right, you may be wrong. All I know is that the election showed how flawed the american electoral system is.
If you feel good about electing a president like that, thats fine by me.
I know I would be skeptical.

I dunno whats true and what is not. I guess it's really a matter of belief, since no regular Joe ever gets all the facts. I just find it amazing how so many people just eat up whatever your government serves.

I dont know for a fact what Bushes agenda in Iraq is, but if you for one minute actually, for real believe that he (the government) invaded Iraq because of "weapons of mass destruction" and ONLY because of that, I think you're really, really naive.

Funny how those "weapons of mass destruction" turned into "weapons of mass illusion" and funny how Iraq is loaded with oil. Funny how Iraq suddenly can become a cashcow for many american companies, and funny how a war always boosts a countries economy.
Of course, these are all mere coincidenses that neither Bush nor his administration thought about before invading.
I think you have to be Homer Simpson to believe that.

Please tell me that the average american is smarter than just accepting anything Bush throws at him.
Pretty darn scary if he isnt.

And please tell me you have learned from 9.11.
Learned that you are neither invulnerable nor indispensible.
There is an outspoken "we know best" attitude from some americans.
Ever seen "Team America" by the people behind "South Park"?
They have a fitting teamsong called "America, f*uck yeah! going out to save the motherf*cking day, yeah!".
It's of course a tongue-in-cheek comment on the current US foreign policy, but it's not that far off the mark IMO.

I love the USA. Been there many times and will keep going there.
I like a lot about your mentality, culture and people.
But the arrogant World Police attitude and "don't tell us nothin' cuz we ain't got nothin'to learn"-attitude really stinks.

I guess it's easier to have a black-and-white "youre either with us or against us"-attitude, cuz it's easier for a poor, uneducated fella in the Projects to understand than a nuanced debate.
A good example is Bossnine's argument, that "...in 2004 Bush won both the popular vote AND the electoral college. No argument there, unless you're pulling your statistics from www.jihad.com ".
So if I'm questioning Bush's victory, I must be a terrorist? Is that how it works?
Seems to me that 9-11 has made many Americans so overtly patriotic slash paranoid that criticizing the government almost equals treason.

Is the american spirit really so weak, that it cant take criticism without its countrymen getting ridiculously defensive?
I truly hope not.
If so, it definately will have a hard time getting back to being "the land of the free and home of the brave".