Pretty much spot on, except about the throttle response. My car definitely does not lack that.

I keep thinking wow, this engine is great, throttle response is like an electric car, mostly definitely I did not experience any engine lag, and it gave me power quicker than when I am in my Panamera.

Kick down is slightly lazy in Comfort mode but in Sport it's quick enough and without the jot in Sport+.

You test car definitely is lacking in software update perhaps. 

Mercedes/AMG never had good brakes, well they do on spec but they are very lacking in cooling, steel or carbon. They never went the route of Porsche to over do brake cooling. But for the intend of a sporty GT, those brakes are good enough. It's not a sports car after all. 

They are stupid to put the roof control on the touchscreen, there is absolutely no reason to other than trying to look silly, which they definitely do. Holding finger position on a touch screen ON a moving car? That's not German thinking at all. The press and hold control for the roof also only works half the time. About the only reason I can think of is that they decided that interior is going into more cars and if they include a separate physical control in the cabin for the roof, that switch is going to be useless and empty and silly looking in a hardtop. 

--