Here is the GT4 owners response to my review...my car has just had the Dundon Motorsport Headers fitted (as reference he makes to the sound improvement over last summer when we did our annual 6000km track tour together"....

"This is Leongs response to my post above:

A very thorough review as usual Mark . Yes an awesome day for it today. My first time driving a GT3 and one hugely exhilarating experience. Mark, your car sounds so much better now than over last summer. I thought I might get to hear my car from the outside for the first time when I got you to go in front of me, but it was pretty difficult as I couldn’t stay with you while trying to drive “quietly” in your car to hear it 

The biggest differences I thought were in the steering and damping. More precise and easier to turn in than the GT4, and more compliant in the suspension with amazing body control. At the pace we were going, even with the foxing, we were nowhere near the GT3’s limits. Then the engine!! Mark, It wasn’t until you were in front of me that I used the full 9000rpm…. sorry if you wanted to hear what that sounded like from the outside. I just wasn’t used to revving that far, and of course, needed some time to get used to the car and that “other peoples car” factored into it too. And yes, that word “frenzied” is exactly how I would describe it if you dropped down to 2nd and used those revs. It’s an amazing engine, and the chassis can handle it. I’d agree that the chassis on the GT4 is less complaint, and on back road drives like today more power might be a liability. I think that on the track there would be less difference. Do our cars have the same shocks? ( at the front at least? ) It doesn’t feel like it.

Thanks for the drive Mark, and yes, I enjoyed getting back in my car as well. While not the machine the GT3 is, it’s still a great drivers car

--

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2014 991 GT3, 1994 993C2 6spd, 2016 Cayman GT4 (on order)