Quick update after our first family holiday with the M5. First time not having an estate as the family car meant the dogs had to stay home for this outing, but impressed with boot capacity of a 5 series sedan, you can really shove a lot in that space. Having a one year old along for the road the amount of shit you're transporting is ridiculous. So dogs aside, 5 stars on practicality. My six year old is very happy in the bucket seats as well, slept most of the 8hr journey, that's the best compliment the seats can get. Wife, who's not a fan of the 'drug dealer' M5, also reluctantly admitted her bucket seat was quite comfy. I too am amazed at what a comfortable cruiser it can be. Silent on the autobahn, muscular when it needs to be. Downside, it does like a drink, more so than the E63S. I cannot get it below 14l/100km and I really drove gently. 

What remains the biggest selling point for me, after 6000km now, it feels genuinely special every time you drive it. Be it for its damping, its steering feel, even at slow speed, it feels special. A four door supercar somehow. Also the looks have really grown on me. So, very happy with it after the first few months, a few longer trips on the cards this summer, I'll update along the way.

IMG_1865.jpg
1688404632281IMG_1853.jpg
IMG_1674 2.jpg
IMG_1866.jpg
IMG_1778.jpg

--

1988 Peugeot 205 Rallye / 2004 Porsche 996 GT3 RS  / 2022 BMW M5 CS