Ferdie:
RC:

I think you misunderstood me: I would never ride a bike without a helmet, neither does my wife or the kids.

I just meant that when driving on public roads, bike helmets are not even close to the safety of motorcycle helmets and I gave up riding motorcycles, so why would I ride a bike with a bike helmet on a public road with lots of traffic? Sorry for the confusion...language and all.  frown

How fast was your motorcycle? And how fast can you go on your bicycle?

I can do 60 kph on my bike...not downhill (I hit over 70 once)...so go figure. Smiley This is no racing bike but a pedelec. (see photo)

ISPO-2013237.jpg

I have huge respect for the people riding their bike to the top of those mountains, something I haven't done yet. I have to say I prefer moutainbiking as I cannot stand being passed with significant speed difference only two meters next to me. 

Mountainbiking is something I really liked but I stopped doing that as well because the guys I was doing it with have become a bit too reckless for my taste. Most of them don't have kids, they spend almost every free moment doing mountain biking, so it was just a logical consequence for me to stop riding with these guys. My wife hates biking (she is much sportier than me), so I spend my time with driving instead biking. Smiley I only bought the pedelec so I can bike with the family from time to time. All of us (incl. kids) have pedelecs, so we can do longer tours (40-60 km) without getting too exhausted. It is supposed to be fun, not work. Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)