RC:

The current R8 provides more fun than the 911 Turbo, this is true. Performance-wise, the new R8 V10 Plus is basically at the same level as the latest 991.2 Turbo S but since the R8 tickles the right senses (V10 engine, exhaust sound) and has a much nicer interior (911 interior looks outdated in comparison, even after the facelift), I enjoy driving my R8 much more than my 911 GTS Cab. The Cab is only nice when it is warm and sunny outside I have to admit.

What I like about Ferrari and the 488 GTB is one thing: They switched to a turbo charged engine but in return, they gave  the customer some sorts of compensation for it, kind of apology. Not only did they give the car 100 horses more but they also tried very hard to make it still sound like a real Ferrari. 

I applaude Porsche for giving the new 911 Turbo S active aerodynamics, the rear wheel steering and other technical goodies but I kind of have the feeling that while they put a lot of work into the technical part of the car, they kind of missed the emotional one. Same goes to the interior: C'mon, Porsche...for a coupe of hundreds more, the interior could have been improved substantially, at least to differentiate it from the regular 911 interior. On the contrary, if you order a Turbo S, the logo on your PDK says "Turbo" because apparently it is too expensive (logistics) to offer a Turbo S logo instead. Smiley

Ferrari certainly gave customers a bit more for their money in my opinion.

The current V10 plus is my favorite sports car on the market if I were to sell 458. These cars are all very fast. What we need is more emotion/excitement; not another 50 hp. I have driven both 488 GTB and Spider, both on a race track and still didn't like them. This is not what I expect from Ferrari. For me, the Speciale is the ultimate Ferrari. I have also test driven Ferrari GTC4 Lusso at its London presentation. I really like the car. The most exciting part was the engine/transmission fun.

--

ONUR

458 italia smiley