Itsme:
Sorry, but I have to say that it is total bullshit. Sorry. A friend spent several weeks in a hospital because he was hit while doing a bicycle training ride on the of the street you drove in Italy by someone speeding last year. He will never go for a run again. If the road is closed it is easy to go fast. But we have to share the road with old people, children, pedestrians and much more. 

Are you sure you and Whoopsy are talking about the same roads? 

Those roads I am usually on when we do our "group drives" are used by cars only (and motorcycles). Sometimes bicycle riders are there as well but I can tell you that at least 50% of these bicycle riders are idiots. They drive sometimes in the middle(!) of the road, sometimes they drive two or three people next(!) to each other and often they cannot take curves and I suddenly have them on my lane after a curve, so I have to brake strongly to avoid hitting them (same goes to many motorcycle riders, they take the narrow curves in a way that half of their upper body is inside my lane Smiley).

I feel sorry for your friend and yes, there are always idiots driving around (like many local drivers I encountered, who think that they are fast in their Fiat Punto or whatever) but those groups created by Porsche (or us) are often professional drivers and they do not drive even close to the limit on a public road.

We had Adrian Sutil, Walter Röhrl and others in our group, so... Smiley

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)