Quote:
STRADALE said:
Quote:
Al Pettee said:
Awesome Stradale,

It looks like the same combo. my local dealer has. I'll check the Porsche dealer's website to see if the options list is similar (I'll need heated seats for the winter ). I want to see how low I can get my local dealer to go down from MSRP. BTW, what's your opinion re. carbon fiber? I'm going over to my dealer tomorrow evening for a peek.

The deviated stitching is in Silver. Doors & Seats. IMO it looks awesome. I really like the carbon fiber. I'm a big fan of CF. My CS is drapped in the stuff. It has the standard exhaust tips which I like much better on the TT because they fit to the bottom of the bumper better then the fake double tube chrome tips. It also has IMO THE BEST wheels going. The painted GT Silver wheels. You can't really tell from the pick but they are darker then the regular Turbo wheel. Between the darker wheel and the CCM's gives the car a mean, custom look.

They came off $10k on the phone before any type of negotiation. My guess is there would be only a thousand or two max. from there. I almost bought the car, if money was no issue and I didn't already have a Black 996TT I might have. I bought a 997 S cab. My next Porsche is going to be the 997 TT Cab. (I gave my deposit in March) New 997 cab's will definately depreciate less in a years time then new 996 cab's. Turbo or not.

I saw you mentioned using the Turbo in the snow. When I bought my 996 TT I thought it would be great because I could use the 4-wheel drive in the winter too. I never took the car out when there was any risk of snow. Funny way how your thinking about using the car in the snow changes once you have the beauty.

If you decide to go with the S- good luck with the car. It's a great machine.

Thanks again Stradale,

I would probably use the 996TSCab occasionally in winter (I have a tuned up Audi S4-I flashed the engine and changed the cats/exhausts/downpipes and added a short shifter-I haven't dynoed it but it probably makes about 400HP and did great this past winter, so I'd use that more regularly in the snow), as I could not see myself letting it sit there 4-6 months motionless in the garage, so on snow-free days I'd have to drive it-then I'd wash it to get the salt off of it.

I'll keep you updated if I go for it. I think I'm going to hold out for the 997TSCab rather than settle for the TCab so that wait might be long, and the 996TSCab could "bridge the gap."