nberry:

Nick, while I agree that Ferrari doesn't have any competitors, I think you're mistakenly assuming that the Ferrari client base remains static. It won't. EV vehicles change impressions regarding style, power and convenience. As far as I am concerned, that is the real threat that Ferrari is facing along with mandatory government regulations which no longer exempt small volume manufacturers.kiss

Your thinking assumed Ferrari customers replaces their Ferraris with something else when they buy cars. 

The normal, median, whatever one wants to call it, Ferrari clientele acquire ADDITIONAL cars. They don't really replaces their Ferraris with other stuff. Unlike other marques whose clients might jump around switching brands. There lies the difference. 

The FF/Lusso is one prime example on how Ferrari do things. They see their clients have a need, winter driving, and their clients are buying other brands, so they make their own and then their clients buy Ferrari to replace the other brands offerings. Now it is the SUV Purosangue turn to do the same. and eventually the Ferrari EV will do exactly the same thing when the time comes. 

Ferrari has a stable bread and butter customer base that other marques seriously wished they have the same. Ever now and then there will be a Ferrari product that attracts new first time buyers to Ferrari. Maybe those will stay, maybe those will be the one shot thing and jump around brands. These people aren't the primary focus of Ferrari unlike other brands who wants to cater to these 'jumpers'. 

--