Leawood911:

Any chance you guys looked into the Magic Mercedes system?  That level 3 system?  It requires a car to be leading it. Will not even work if you are the only one on the road. It is limited to 40 mph, it will not change lanes, when it requires attention and the driver does not respond it comes to a stop in the lane it is in.  It only cost $5k, will only work in Nevada maybe in CA and only on certain stretches of highway (where you must go more than 45). Oh and it does not like sunny conditions, rain, snow and roads if they have a bank in the turn.  Perfect system. Oh and cars will be delivered at the end of 2023. 
What a huge lead indeed. 
My point is people who tell you Tesla is not a good car are not doing you any favors only the other car companies. 
I have seen plenty of other cars. I don’t need to buy them to understand how they work and if they are competitive. Seriously strange to me that one can buy so many cars and be so wrong about them and keep doing it. 

So sad that someone like you is so stubborn and ill informed. Smiley

Mercedes new level 3 system is authorized up to 130 kph, which would be sufficient for the US and it does not require a lead car. You have old information. Unfortunately, in Germany (first country worldwide with level 3 authorization up to 130 kph), this system is only authorized (so far) for Autobahn use only.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)