RC:
amazon:

Most customers want to know the value of the product they are  buying.

The principle applies to all products you buy and keep : watches, house, cars, ...

You're just not going to buy a 7K Omega if the risk exist that it will be sold the next day for 5K.

It's the same problem with rebates. The bigger the rebates are, the less valuable the product is. Rebates make the product you sell accessible to more customers, but the one who buys don't get more value as the resale price goes down as well. 

So what Tesla is doing is just non sense to me. It cheapens and hurts their products so much. What's the value of a tesla in the end ? No one really knows. So who's going to buy their products ? 50K to 70k is a lot of money even if you have the means. The rich people are the ones who are more likely to look at this, as they are the ones who understand the importance of value the most.

Hurting existing customers in the prospect of having new ones is a silly move IMO. The existing customers are not going to get fooled twice. Some will take the risk, but how many are lost in the process ?

Agreed. This is why I said I wouldn't buy an EV right now.

Just imagine this scenario: You buy a BMW iX M60 for 150k EUR now.

One year later, you get the same car with a new tech battery which stores double the capacity and/or charges in half of the time. What happens with the value of the "old" car? I think it would be disastrous.

Scenarios like this one will happen at a certain point it time, also regarding weight: At some point, battery weight will drop substantially because of new tech. Then what? Would someone still buy basically the same (used) car if it weights 300 kg more than the new one? Used car prices would be hammered.

Right now is, in my opinion, not the time to buy EVs. Too risky. 

Exactly why my 2 Ford EVs, and my previous e-Tron, were all on leases. Only my Taycans were purchased. But even that I didn't go for the top of the line ones, only the entry level 4S.

I wouldn't want to be stuck with an old tech 400V EV. And I only actually buy the Taycans because they were Porsches, and they uses next generation 800V system. 

--