I think you all totally miss the plot here - 

1)  Tesla prices increased the last two years like everyone else’s. Their reduction brings prices back down to where they were when I bought my car.  They are doing just fine as their costs have only dropped as their volume has doubled since then. 
2) At any given time everyone is paying the same price unlike every other brand. People who ordered prior to the price cut will get the reduction when picking up their cars.  Unhappy would be if their car broke down and warranty repairs were slow or difficult.  To the contrary Tesla owners keep getting new features and functionality including safety improvements.  I give Elon credit for cutting prices in the fourth quarter to keep those customers happy. 
3) And here is the big one - government incentives, not just in the US, were structured to bypass Tesla and favor the competition. With the ability to return to previous prices and be eligible for the incentives what would you have them do?  Are they supposed to be the only make not eligible for incentives when they have been not eligible for years now in the US and sit back?  Is not part of the incentive for automakers to make vehicles which qualify?  Think about it. Elections matter. Thank your elected clowns and their inability to see consequences. 

This is not a good time to buy any car other than a Tesla.  Overall customers of Tesla are still the happiest of the bunch. 
Price pressure on the others just as Tesla gets the factories up to speed is the perfect storm. 

I have always believed in the inherent qualities of my EV and hated governments getting involved in promoting what is already a fine choice. It always causes grief to tinker with free markets. Tesla was to be royally screwed - it does not look like it will work out as planned.  Happy to see it.