the-missile:

the front facia looks horrible. angry

I like the front, I saw the M4 CSL live and it is a very good looking car (not a fan of the rear though).

The red lining around the black parts is optional (it is applied after the car is built), it can be removed or (if you know the right people at the factory) not be applied at all.

The only problem for me is the contrast of the visible carbon "stripes" on the hood. Too much. I wanted a white car, so the outside carbon parts are more noticeable but I guess I will try to go for some sorts of matte grey or black instead. Not sure about the first delivery colors though.

Performance is basically at M4 CSL level and even slightly better from a stop because of the AWD.

I plan to install a downpipe for sound but not sure if it is necessary since the titanium exhaust already sounds deeper (and thus gives the sensation it is louder).

The alternative was a GT3 Touring but 50k EUR more? Also, I have a slot for 2024, I decided too late and I don't want to get the GT3 Touring when the facelift is around the corner.

I plan to keep this car for a couple of years (yes, I am going to buy it) and then I guess my son wants it... Smiley

Btw: I really hope that not many people like this car because I want to get one of the first and while dealer promised that I am getting one and that I am on the top of the list, I am not so sure about it. We'll see. Production starts in March and stops in February 2024. 

There is also a strong rumor of a M4 CS but not sure it makes sense. Unless the M3 CS gets 540 hp only, so there would be a gap of 10 hp to the M4 CSL. Then, a M4 CS would maybe make sense.

I still don't know the price tag of the M3 CS. Dealer said that base price would be around 30k EUR higher than the regular M3 Competition xDrive (98k EUR). If the price of the M3 CS exceeds 150k, I will not take it, rather get a M3 Competition xDrive instead and some nice (reliable) tuning to 600 hp, a few chassis mods and downpipe. The S58T engine is tunable up to 800 hp without major issues but a reliable(!) tuning for daily usage and maybe some spirited driving (track/etc.) is around 600 hp, there are offers with TÜV and warranty available from AC Schnitzer and other reputable tuners.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)