Leawood911:

I’ll repeat. Fourth quarter had slow sales as people anticipated the rebates. Teslas were priced out of the rebate so they lowered the price to match the requirement and got the rebate in addition. Win win. You would need to be blind to not see what was going on but I understand the thinking here.  
Would you go buy a car in December knowing a $7500 rebate was coming?  
The Real question who would buy any other EV that has not had a 20% price cut recently?  
They did not ever have an excess inventory problem. They have the lowest number day’s inventory in the industry. By far. 
Good luck ordering a Tesla in the next few months, they will be selling like hot cakes. Excess inventory my foot. Lol. 
Yes, all cars depreciate but thanks to the Tesla price drop the other EVs are worth 20% less today, same with all other cars. Not because they normally depreciate but because they need to be competitive.  Elon and Tesla can afford the price drop to gain market share. Can the others drop their price?  Can they even make EVs fast enough at the new prices?  Hmmm

And I will repeat myself again also Smiley

The inventory issue didn't just pop out in December, I have basically been reporting new cars sitting unsold on lots for the last 6 months or so, ever since other competitors had finally ramped up their production to full capacity. Who in their right mind would want to buy a 8-10 year old "new" car when competitors are brand spanking new fresh design? WIthout the auto-kill-driver feature? Or the aim-for-parked-emergency-vehicle feature?

The EV market is growing, but not as quickly as Tesla been losing market share. Tesla really desperately need a refresh of their lineup quickly, both in styling and content, just to catch up, or at least maintain a respectable market share. 

Why do Ford need to offer rebate to move their Mach Es? Or Lightnings? They can't keep any on dealers' lots right now. Rebates only happened when they do year end push for sales numbers or clearing out last model year leftovers. Dealers are charging great ADMs on Mach Es and Lightnings right now still. 

Hyundai also is having problem making enough of the Ioniq 5s/EV6s/GV60s trio, universally accepted as the best EV on the market right now. There is no need to provide any incentive to move them, they practically sell themselves. You ever heard of people paying ADM to BUY A HYUNDAI!?!?! Yup, it is happening for the Ioniq 5.  Before I buy the Mach E, I was looking at the Ioniq 5, it was sold out, and I was offered a spot on the WAITLIST for 5k. Not the actual order, but paying 5k to the dealer just so I can have a chance to move from wait list to placing an actual order. Crazier than trying to buy a Porsche or Ferrari.

--