Quote:
Dave_986S said:
I'm not an audiophile. In fact I RARELY listen to radio or CD's when driving (except on VERY long trips). How bad is the stock (non Bose) stereo? I normally listen to classical most of the time...

For me the included system was fine. I know I will be accused of having a tin ear, but in my 997S cab the standard system suits my needs. It is much better than the High Fi option in previous Porsches. I do know and appreciate good sound, my home system cost over $30k.

I have not heard the Bose system so I cannot comment on it. I suspect some of the Bose owners who are knocking the standard system have not heard it either.

The cab is not the ideal place to listen to music. I have my top down whenever possible. The sound system is used primarily as background sound. With the top down while driving if I have it loud enough to hear it with some degree of fidelity, it would be loud enough for everyone within 300 feet to hear it also.

I enjoy the sound from the engine so much that I tend to keep the radio volume low. When I do have the top up and I'm going down the highway and am ready for some sounds, the standard system is pretty decent. Honestly, it sounds as good as the Bose system in my wife's S class Mercedes.

Phil