Rossi:

So the V6 will be an addition as an entry level engine. That leaves the question, how long will we see the NA-V10 and how do they want to replace it when time will come? V8 twinturbo? V10 (twin)turbo? V10 hybrid?

--

We're at the point where you can be the fastest or just sound like you're the fastest.

The secret of life is to admire without desiring.

Good question. My guess is: They will replace the V10 with a Biturbo V8. Makes sense. I don't like it though.

Unless VW Group finally decides that the R8 is not the right product for Audi... Smiley It seems that Audi has serious issues in deciding how they want to position and market the R8 in their current model lineup and versus the direct competition. I heard stories... Smiley With the new Porsche mid engined MSS (derived from the MSB platform) sportscar platform, things could change radically, incl. Audi and Lamborghini. I just hope that the engines (V10 and V12) stay. Smiley Actually, if I'm not mistaken, even the next Aventador generation will be based on this platform.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)