That's lovely post Mark.  So nice to be able to exchange information in a civilized manner. 

Everyone is different, different taste different preference, there isn't one car that fits all. We all look for some attributes that could be different than the next guy, there isn't really a wrong choice, just different choices. 

And yes, doesn't matter how great it is, a Cayman/Boxster will always be the little brother to the 911. There is no arguing on that, even Porsche itself treat them as such. 

And I admit I am a bit biased towards the GT4RS, ever since I first saw the initial prototype at Weissach I fell in love on the concept and dead set on getting one over any variants of 911s. 5 years later I will have one. Think mine had arrived at the dealership but I am away so won't be picking it up till past the new year. It was too bad the car got delayed or else I could have taken it to the Ring in the summer. But I already have some roads that I wanted to take it to inside my province, empty mountain roads😃 But that's gonna be spring time at least, all of those should be covered in snow atm haha.

--