Leawood911:
Enmanuel:
Leawood911:

Interesting view given the Tesla is actually the highest performance car on sale. Looks are subjective but eliminating tons of baroque buttons and old fashioned switches and replacing it all with ten times the functionality is pretty much the definition of improving function and performance. ...

Buttons, so inconvenient with their 17th century baroque utilitarianism. Barbaric. 

Tesla ownership has the obvious consequence of questioning useless interface devices. Designers take note. 
My Christmas software present from Tesla includes MyQ garage door interface for free as well as turn signals which recognize when a lane change is complete and then cancels them. Lots of other stuff like being able to view the interior camera remotely from the phone app and even activating emissions mode from the phone as well as the new light show. The model Y performance gets track mode. Just free stuff that each Tesla owner will have added to their car this week. What new features are you getting added to your buttons?  Lol.  I lost track of all the new features I have for free since buying the car. Zero repairs - I did refill the windshield washer fluid twice in 46k miles. 

I was poking fun at your choice of time period reference, not the screen vs buttons argument  Smiley