CGX car nut:

I’m afraid that Porsche will miss the mark with an EV Boxster/Cayman too. 

I'm very curious about how the EV Boxster/Cayman is going to be received because while performance will take a big jump with the EV engine and low CG, the driving experience otoh is going to take a huge hit, its going to be heavy instead of nimble, the sound will be gone, the shifting will be gone, the reving, etc, etc... There is a reason why the most desired sportscars are ICE or hybrids and not EVs.

But most importantly, its not a new additional model linenlike the Taycan, its replacing a previous existing one, so its got to deal with the comparison and previous experience of the ICE version, and the responsability of being the reason the other one doesn't exist anymore. One thing is to be an additional model, if you don't like it don't buy it and no problem, but another is being responsible for the dissapearance of another model and making customers not miss anything they liked on the old one and I don't see an EV doing that in that case.

I don't see that being a problem with a people mover like the Macan, on the contrary in that case, but with fun to drive two seater sportscar concept? Its going to be interesting...