JR-550:

Interesting discussion.

First on Carlos with the “range” issue. Having an Taycan for 2 years I can assure you the range is not a problem. I drive app 15.000 km per year and about 5-10 % of time I charge outside my home. Most of the time I only need to charge a relative short time since I seldom come home with an empty battery. Infra structure wise I never had a problem on my trips in Europe. France for example has an excellent fast charging infrastructure. This weekend I was in Amsterdam and in the parking garage there were 60 charging points. In the city of Amsterdam there are over 5000 charging points.

During my last Taycan Turbo S drive, I ended up with a range of 160 km. Smiley

Charging is a pain in the ass, unless you can use a 800 V charging station.

Typical driving scenario for me, weekends: Driving 150 km to a destination and then...what? Leave the car charging for hours because there is no 800 V charging station? Smiley Ridiculous. My Performante(!) has a range of 350 km if I drive it the same way I drive the Taycan. My Trackhawk has a range of around 300 km, so basically double the range and both, the Performante and the Trackhawk can be fueled up in 5 minutes each.

Sorry but EVs are not for me...yet.  

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Lamborghini Huracan Performante (2019), BMW Z4 M40i (2022), Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk (2019 EU)