wurlie:

Based on available information, I came to a conclusion that the rear wheel steer hardware is the same on the GT3, GT3RS and 991R models. I noticed in particular the statements from Andreas Preuninger and Porsche AG in their media communiques that the calibration for 991R was particular to the car, to make it even more agile, or, nimble.

Also, the experience of driving the new 991.2 S with the optional rear wheel steer points to a higher level of agility, as well as to a particular change in the character of the steering response, beyond a given speed. I attributed that to, possibly, a change in the rear wheel steer parameters as the speed increases.

Therefore, it seems to me that, the character of the 991 GT (including the R) and 991.2 chassis response is determined by the dynamic response of the rear wheel steer function, and is software driven - meaning that one could theoretically simulate the different characters in one and the same car by managing the rear wheel steer map.

What do you collectively think - I would love to hear your critical opinion on the above theory.

Best, w

Possible but even if true, what could be the point here? You would never be able to have your own programming done.

--

RC (Germany) - Rennteam Editor Porsche 991 Carrera 4 GTS Cabriolet, Porsche Macan Turbo, Audi R8 V10 Plus (2017), Mini JCW (2015), Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT (2014)