Quote:
Crash said:
Quote:
Mike S said:
Quote:
MAVERICK said:
So, with most supercars falling like dead flies when subjected to this heat test, can the Koenigsegg hang with the CGT? Is the Koenigsegg lighter than the Porsche due to a smaller cooling capacity?

I can believe the cooling theory, but I don't think the Koenigsegg can handle bumper to bumper traffic, but then again who drives their supercar in those kind of conditions? If it was me I'd die from holding the clutch in for extended periods of time So I'd make sure it's reasonable traffic conditions before I take a $400k plus car out.

With regards to the voiding the warranty on the rollcage, I think they thought if one of their clients opts for the rollcage - obviously they want to take it hard around the track and maybe the car hasn't been around long enough to prove durable under those track conditions? If I was a new car manufactuer, I wouldn't want to see my profits been drained from having a car being fixed under my own expense because the client is rough with it

Btw thanks for the link, I saw it a while ago, really great photo's

I agree with you on most points except for the rollcage. If I bought a car that could do 240 mph I'd sure as hell want a roll cage in case something went wrong, track use or not. I think the void warranty issue is just some BS the company uses to reduce its own costs.

let's remember, koenigsegg isn't BMW or VW or GM etc. costs are what it's all about in such early stages, if they let the costs go too high, such a small company in comparison with the others will come and go very quickly...

oh! and another thing, the koenigsegg has a detatchable roof, so maybe the rollcage affects some or other thing on the car if it were installed?