Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
Quote:
JimFlat6 said:
Ok Bubba, get a drink and settle down abit thar. I know you are eager for a race series that isnt owned by a greedy British pygmy and dominated by lil cars that need 20,00rpms, robot shifters and mind control to get anywhere.

So very true!
Me wants a championship for kids on trikes...like the kid in "The Shining".
Wheee-heee.

I just thought it was hilarious that everywhere you read about the Indy 500 it's called "the greatest race in the world" and "greatest single sports event in the World" etc. It's just so american it's funny. But I guess the americans who believe this to be true, don't find it funny.

Going around in a circle is a 100% pure, undisputable joke drivingwise.
I'm sure it's loads of fun watching, betting, eating hotdogs etc on Indy 500 day, but calling it a race is so laughable I dunno what to say.

The mere fact that a 5 foot 2", 100 pound woman (Danica Patrick) can compete seriously in the event says it all.
I mean, come on! I've seen 4 year old kids in amusement park baby-racetracks do more difficult and physically demanding maneuvers than these drivers have to perform.
The drivers only experience sideways G-impact, no accel and braking (except pitstops). I've seen out-of-shape auto reporters (Like Jeremy Clarkson) do 200 mph going round and round on a test track, so how hard can it be?

Schumi once said flat-out that drivers in the Indy series simply aren't good enough for F1, and if you can't cut it in F1 you end up in Indy.

Jim, look into my eeeeyyyyes...look into myyyy eyyyyyyessss.....
You feel a sudden uuuuuuurge to take a realistic look at Indy.
When I count to threeeee you will...look into my eyes! My eeeeyes!...(dammit)
When I count to threeeee your mouth will say what our mind already knows:
US racing = show, European racing = racing.
You will repeat this sentence untilllllll your heart feeeeeeels it toooooo.

One....

Two.....

Thr....LOOK INTO MY EYES!!

Thr...two-and-a-half! Gotcha!..

THREEE!!

Ok, now say it!

Besides, it seems pretty silly that Porsche would even think about competing in the Indy 500. I mean Porsche builds cars with great handling...why would that be of any use at Indy 500?
Trouble is F1 doesnt have the Hawaiian Tropic girlies as far as I know...

Hawaiian tropic girlies are burnin hot

Anyway, Schumi might be wonderful blah blah blah when he was at his peak and had the hot car and tire set up and other drivers had dog trrds on wheels, but hes just another boring arrogant a$$hole. When Indy was at its peak, many F1 drivers tried it and couldn't cut it.

Porsche's Indy cars failed because they couldnt go fast enough for long enough. Zee mighty german porsches tried once again to defeat zee americans and zay lost to cars using zee model T based Ilmor motors.

Now, Memorize this Bubba ...

Alonso had the fastest lap today, Alonso drove the smarter race. Alonso pushed Kimi so hard that Kimi over drove his tires and flatspotted them....repeat forty times please,

then look again at the driver interviews afterwards, soooo
borrrrrrrring, its like why even race in the first place?
Is their a Script? Do they have to kiss Bernie to get their checks?? What they get? A Bottle of cheap charlie Mumms and as few flags waved?

Bring on the girls! Indy does have hysterical funny American style hyperbole and a corny tone to it all.
But it has something that F1 used to have before the PC'd themselves into being motor newts ;;;;;;;hot girls and plenty of em, and next year when Indy has naked girlies racing the cars and naked girlies pushing them in pit row, I garuntee that most of the F1 drivers will call in sick and jet to indianoplis

Racing should be fun and not like a three hour lecture from a Benz stability program engineer

When the drivers were mostly drunken Englishmen with too much money, no sense and hardly any sponsorship, F1 was fun, now its almost like some sort of scripted Euro-nerd-orama race.