Quote:
Dr. Phil said:
Kimi is a true racecar driver, not a sponsored robot in a car - like Schumi or many others. What you are discribing is the exact reason why F1 has been so [Email]f@cking[/Email] boring these past years because drivers were mere robots trying to service the interests of the sponsors.

Sponsors? its a championship! thats the point, to win the championship. Ask yourself a little quiestion, what do the biggest drivers (car or bike) in history have in common? they were not only fast when need be, but what sepearetd them from the bunch is how smart/wise they were when racing. The easy thing to do is to put the pedal to the metal from start to finish whatever the circumstances... thats what a robot really is becuase they can't think and plan.

Quote:
Dr. Phil said:I hear what ou are saying, and taking the second place would definately have been wiser - but I'm pretty sure Kimi and the team had no idea the car would break down, or he definately wouldn't have driven it like that.

Did you see the wheel in the last laps? did you see the TV coverage focusing on the front tire? even De La Rosa was saying that he should be pacing himself or he may bust before the finish, that the pitbox must be telling him to do so since he has a great lead. He took a gamble and they lost. He ruined the tire and then didn't resign to it.

Here is the title of the report on the race form the official F1 site:
"Kimi Raikkonen and McLaren must have known that they were taking a massive gamble - the Finn driving as hard as he dared on a disintegrating tyre in the closing stages of the European Grand Prix"

Quote:
Dr. Phil said:Thats why Kimi, Monty and to some degree also Sato, Alonso and DC are fun to watch: They usually wanna WIN...not just get points.

You obviusly don't follow Alonso last year were he would always have to climb back up during the race due to poor qualifying of the Renault cars. Its just that you never see a foul move from him when overtaking like Montoya et al.

Quote:
Dr. Phil said:When you win a race because of some other driver's bad luck, you don't do a victory display.

You do when you push so hard to force a mistake of the car in first place that when he makes the mistake you win just when you though you wouldn't. Its not like Kimi was pushed off the race. Did you see the Williams cars not celebrating at Monaco because they got two podiums thanks to Alonso getting premature wear from the Michelins? That was even a more unfair reason since it wasn't Alonso's fault, still he managed not to crash and even make 4th by pacing himself according to the situation.
It was a fair win for Alonso and he has a right to celebrate even if that irritates you a bit

Quote:
Dr. Phil said:Maybe your sense of sportsmanship is different than mine. At any rate I find it totally immature, unclassy and lacking sportsmanship.

My sense of sportmanship is fine, I think you are getting a little too hot headed.

Quote:
Dr. Phil said:True, he made two mistakes and yes his tires were slicked. But strange that the whole front suspension broke down due to the vibrations that didnt seem THAT bad..and how odd it happende on the last lap....... go figure.

Wrong, his tires were not slicked, that would of been maybe a tire choice problem. The tires were squared, which is a different problem caused by driver blocking the wheels too much. The severe vibration may lead to premature wear or suspension failure, which ever comes first.

Anyway it was a fun race, would of liked Kimi to finish at least, but...