The options I got on my OWN car, obviously, are the smartest and most savvy, from any and all standpoints!! All kidding aside, options like the short-throw shifter that are EASY to upgrade to any day of the week, are not good "investments" unless YOU want it. Think about it, if your car is on the market, and somebody wants to buy it, they won't care if it doesn't have the shifter or the colored caps, because they are easy as pie to add themselves. Worry about options that are "now-or-never" when you're ordering the vehicle. Even the CD changer and Navigation can be added by the dealer. I would definately think:

1. Carrera S
2. Sport Chrono
3. All leather
4. Bose audio
5. Adaptive Sports

Those are, in reality, the basic "must-haves" that any prospective buyer will be looking for. Options above and beyond that they can typically live without, or can easily add at a cost that is not disproportionately higher than the original option cost. Also, sometimes a UNIQUE BUT ATTRACTIVE color combo can work heavily in your favor. Four years from now, silver/black Carrera S's will be littering the market like crazy, so buyers who are looking for that color combo will be cross-shopping you to death, seeking the lowest deal. If you've got a really unique combo that is really sharp, yes your potential buying pool will be smaller, but they'll be more motivated to step-up-to-bat and pay your price, because they'll be worried that they may not find another car any too soon, if ever, that has that unique combo that entices them. Trust me on that, I collect cars! When you've got a rare or unique combo, that is also dynamite looking, it's a big hook in the mouth that will land you the biggest fish. I got black with Terracotta, in the interest of not having a cookie-cutter 911. Hey, I understand your concern. Depreciation is a bitch. But how you care for the car while you own it is FAR FAR FAR more critical than the options you order.