Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have a friend who I never could outrun, not in the past and not now. BUT...he had 5 accidents in the past 20 years (one put him one month into the hospital), I had none.

Do we mean outrun on a race track or on public roads? It seems to me that outrunning on public roads half has to do with skill and the other half is insanity. A race track is where you can really tell who's got the right stuff.

I would lie if I say that we're talking about the race track only.
The thing is that over here in Germany, young people in fast cars usually drive pretty reckless. Despite this fact, the accident figure in Germany is one of the best (less accidents) in whole Europe and we don't have a speed limit on the Autobahn. Reason? Driver education is pretty good over here and very expensive too.
And I agree with you: there is a lot of luck involved in street racing and what worries me most is that people who are not participating might be involved in an accident.
Now at age 38 things seems pretty clear to me but at age 18-25, I wasn't thinking too much and my right foot was always faster than my brain.