E97F1B5B-5170-4901-9916-44EF3DDCA402.jpeg

Arrived at Indy finally the day before. My 918 friend got in before I did. Staying at the JW and it happens to also be the official PCNA hotel, the lobby is decked out with Porsche stuff and also their fleet of Porsches are parked out front.

EE5E4B67-8C30-4C23-B37A-6CDD1D9889C5.jpeg
824010EB-705B-4BD3-AF6B-E7966D7E4FC2.jpeg

PCA, Porsche Club of America, made special arrangements for the two 918 attending, sandwiching a GT3 and a 73 RS. Many were amazed to my 918 there, they can’t quite compute I drove 2500 miles to get in. I purposely didn’t wash the car just so I can keep all the dirt and dead bugs on it. 

There are more display cars inside the ground, and since it’s a full race weekend here, most of the garages are filled with race cars.

Porsche Classic Program is also hosting a restoration challenge and the finalists are on display inside. 

Will take more pics later. Didn’t have time to post when we got in as there are friends I haven’t seen in 3 years and just basically drank till they closed. 2 nights in a row.

First time at the IMS yesterday. I am blown out of the water how big that facility is. 2.5 mile oval. When I stand on the pit wall looking at the front straight, it’s sooooooooooo long. But I know that’s just an illusion as the Indy cars are lapping it like 40 seoncds. The Cup cars and GT4 aren’t using the oval, they got the road course, slightly different than the F1 layout also. So lap times aren’t comparable but the fast kids are running 1:26s at practice.

--