@EnglishManInNY

I do have a Tesla 3 Performance (MY2020) as daily driver and for my wife we’ve been looking for an alternative to our  AMG C43T so we were test driving various cars:

BMW i4 M50 which we disliked a lot as the price/ value ratio isn’t right at all. The performance is inferior to the M3P, we didn’t like the ride feeling even if the built quality is better than Tesla’s BUT the range is ridiculous!

Same situation with the Audi e-Tron GT, very nice and cool ride BUT the price is double as high as the Tesla 3/ Y Performance and we couldn’t drive more than 300km.

The Polestar 2 Performance which we liked a lot is in the same ball park, driving was lots of fun BUT again the battery range is very bad.

We’ve been looking into Mercedes EQE 43 & 53 BUT even though we do like the built quality and the looks a lot we don’t like the price which is really huge considering the small (if any) performance advantage to the Tesla Model Y Performance which we finally ordered.

We were told to take delivery EoY 22, the built quality became considerably better compared to the M3P and the car is extremely “roomy”

BTW we’ve been driving BMW i3s (94aH and 120aH) for the last 5 years and still like the looks of the car and the gokart feeling this tiny car provides…