Whoopsy:

How's the quality? Did they use better materials inside compared to the old version? Fit and finish? Higher resolution cameras all around? 

I gathered all the bodywork outside remains the same, but are the panels fitted better?

I still have my 2020 Tesla and, recently drove the BMW i4 M50 and Taycan Turbo S

In comparison to my 2020 Tesla the panel fit is much better. The interior is a higher quality and they seemed to have focused on what you touch. The steering wheel feels smaller and the small number of buttons all feel better quality and more positive. To drive it has a left brittle ride but feels a little less go kart like. But it still drives like a very small nimble and powerful car. 

Compared to the BMW (which I also have on order) the BMW feels a step up in quality. The power delivery isn’t as instant even in sport boost mode and it doesn’t feel as nimble. I prefer the Tesla to drive and I am a long time BMW fan. Let’s see when I get my own i4. 

Taycan is a big step above the BMW in quality. Power delivery more like the Tesla and a more polish drive than the Tesla in all respects. The Tesla seems to be not far off the charge performance of the Taycan but it far too early to confirm this. 

The big advantage for Tesla - you can get one. It will be a year from initial order to delivery for both my i4 and Taycan.  hopefully they aren’t delayed any further. 

--

2022 992 GT3. 2019 BMW M850i Convertible. 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance. 2020 Aston Martin Vantage. 2020 Mclaren 720S coupe. 🥳